How does the food sensitivity program work?
We pair a simple blood test with a personally designed eating plan to get to the root of your health issues.
The Mediator Release Test (MRT) is a patented blood test that measures your body’s immune reaction to 150 different foods and food chemicals. Unlike other food sensitivity tests that measure the presence of antibodies (which may or may not be causing problems for you), MRT measures if a reaction is actually happening in your body when exposed to specific foods. It is the most accurate and most comprehensive test available for determining food sensitivities (sensitivity of 94.5% and specificity of 91.7%).
The Lifestyle Eating and Performance (LEAP) is the personalized eating plan that follows the test, designed so you can use food to calm inflammation, heal your body, and feel better. You start by eating only your most non-reactive foods for 2 weeks, then gradually reintroduce other foods back into your diet to determine what your tolerance level is for higher reactive and non-tested foods. (If you’re a breastfeeding mom doing the program to alleviate your baby’s symptoms, we test the child, then you follow the diet.) It’s a complex process, so having professional support for meal planning, progress review, troubleshooting, and questions is vital to your success.
I want to do the program. What’s next?
- Fill out an application. If accepted:
- You will be sent a test kit and forms. Fill out the forms and take the kit to a local lab draw facility and have your blood drawn (typically costs ~$15). Drop the box off at a FedEx location (it’s pre-paid).
- Once your results are in we’ll review them and form a plan for the first 2 weeks of your LEAP diet. As you progress through the plan, you’ll keep a detailed food diary and we’ll continue to review symptoms and troubleshoot any problem foods. Then we’ll form a plan to add in new foods until you have a wide and varied diet that continues to make you feel awesome.
What do I get?
- Test results for 120 foods and 30 chemicals
- 60+ page LEAP eating plan information packet
- Personalized food avoidance wallet-sized card
- Review of food sensitivities and custom-designed, targeted elimination diet plan
- Access to recipes and resources
- Continual email support with your RD and Certified LEAP Therapist
What do I need to be prepared for?
This program is only for people that are serious about putting an end to their health issues. We will only accept people that are ready to put in the work and dedication the program requires. Many people find the first 2 weeks challenging as they completely overhaul their diet, but most report that it’s 100% worth it for how much better they feel.
Can I use my HSA/FSA card?
YES! And while we do not accept insurance, we can provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement (depends on your plan).